Bytes Computer and Network Solutions PC Complete Care Protected Thousands of Home Computer Users from Dangerous Java and Internet Explorer Zero Day Vulnerabilities


Scottsbluff, NE (PRWEB) September 28, 2012

According to Landon Clark, Bytes Computer and Network Solutions Network Specialist, hacker exploitation of vulnerabilities discovered in common software programs are exceedingly common. This is the reason every software company updates and patches their programs regularly, says Clark. Its especially common with software that everyone uses, like Java and Internet Explorer. Vulnerabilities within the programs make it easy for hackers to get access to a large number of people.

The security firm FireEye was first to report the Java program zero day vulnerability on August 26. Eric Romang of Zataz.com discovered the Internet Explorer vulnerability on September 16. Installed on millions of computers around the world, hackers used vulnerabilities within both programs to infect host computers with viruses, run malicious programs and steal personal information.

We recently received information similar to the Java issue concerning an exploit in Microsoft Internet Explorer, says Clark. The exploit affects an unpatched vulnerability in IE 6, 7, 8 and 9. To get a little technical, this vulnerability downloads a malware payload named Poison Ivy. Once the Poison Ivy software is downloaded to a users machine, the attacker will have all the control they need to steal private information, open more holes and flood the computer with viruses.

To protect more than one thousand PC Complete Care customers from the Java and Internet Explorer vulnerabilities, the computer help support team at Bytes Computer and Network Solutions ran scripts through customers computer software. We were able to apply the fix on the backend without disrupting the customers computer use or requiring their time. PC Complete Care customers can sit back and feel safe knowing that we are on top of it, Clark says.

The company will handle future software vulnerabilities the same way, through special fix scripts applied during PC Complete Cares normal schedule of software updates. We run software updates every evening to keep our customers computers current, says Clark. If I had to put a percentage on the number fixed so far, I would say 85 percent have gone through successfully. We will complete the other 15 percent when those customers turn their computers on again.

About Bytes Computer and Network Solutions

Bytes Computer and Network Solutions is the premier source for cutting edge service, on-site and remote computer help support, technology, custom applications, web design and cloud hosting for businesses and individuals in Scottsbluff, Nebraska and nationwide. Established in 2001, the company, led by a group of youthful software enthusiasts, now grosses over $ 1 million annually. Their newest comprehensive computer reliability service, PC Complete Care, increases computer speed and is earning rave reviews from business and individual clients.

For additional information, contact Todd Lewis, Vice President, Bytes Computer and Network Solutions, 308.635.2983 or TLewis(at)bytescomputer(dot)com.







Speak Your Mind

*